By Jaime Benitez
This textbook is designed for classes in mass move operations, a staple in any chemical engineering curriculum. the second one version is up to date to debate many constructing themes in mass move operations no longer mentioned within the first, together with membrane separations, chromatography and different adsorptive tactics, ion alternate, electrophoresis, and multistage batch distillation, differential delivery equations, and boundary-layers. This re-creation also will comprise mass move phenomena in organic platforms, making it appropriate in biochemical engineering in addition to chemical engineering.
Read or Download Principles and Modern Applications of Mass Transfer Operations Second Edition PDF
Similar applied mathematicsematics books
A useful creation to the topic of genocide, explaining its historical past from pre-modern occasions to the current day, with a large choice of case experiences. contemporary occasions within the former Yugoslavia, Rwanda, East Timor and Iraq have verified with appalling readability that the specter of genocide continues to be an enormous factor inside of global politics.
America’s number one bestselling trip sequence Written through greater than a hundred seventy five outspoken tourists world wide, Frommer’s whole courses support tourists event areas the best way locals do. extra each year up-to-date courses than the other sequence 16-page colour part and foldout map in all annual courses Outspoken evaluations, detailed costs, and urged itineraries Dozens of special maps in an easy-to-read, two-color layout
Cost constants for reactions of eleven hydrochlorofluorocarbons and 12 hydrofluorocarbons have been measured by way of absolutely the fee technique over the temperature diversity 250-430 okay. OH radicals have been generated via flash photolysis, laser photolysis, or a discharge circulation equipment; and the focus of OH radicals used to be monitored by way of the laser-induced fluorescence approach.
- Communications In Mathematical Physics - Volume 294
- Applied Ethics and Social Problems: Moral questions of birth, society and death
- Descriptive Set Theory 2nd Edition (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- Importance of a Comprehensive Adoption Decision in the Presence of Perceived Opportunities: The Testresults Case
- Mathematical Circles: Russian Experience (Mathematical World, Vol. 7)
- Cancer: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide
Extra resources for Principles and Modern Applications of Mass Transfer Operations Second Edition
The washing of ammonia from a mixture of ammonia and air by means of liquid water is a typical example. The solute is subsequently recovered from the liquid by distillation, and the absorbing liquid can be either discarded or reused. When a solute is transferred from the solvent liquid to the gas phase, the operation is known as desorption or stripping. In humidification or dehumidification (depending upon the direction of transfer) the liquid phase is a pure liquid containing but one component while the gas phase contains two or more substances.
2. 4 cm3/mol). 3. 4 4. For nonpolar solutes diffusing into monohydroxy alcohols, the values of VbB should be multiplied by a factor equal to 8pB,wherepB is the solvent viscosity in cP. 8 Calculation of Liquid Diffusivity in Aqueous Solution Estimate the diffusivity of ethanol (C,H,O) in a dilute solution in water at 288 K. Compare your estimate with the experimental value reported in Appendix A. Solution (a) Use the Wilke-Chang correlation, equation (1-52). , 1987). 9)”6 AB cm2 = 1 . 0 x 10” cm2/s.
89411 For a binary system composed of nonpolar molecular pairs, the Lennard-Jones parameters of the pure components may be combined empirically by the following relations: These relations must be modified for polar-polar and polar-nonpolar molecular pairs; the proposed modifications are discussed by Hirschfelder et al. (1954). The Lennard-Jones parameters for the pure components are usually obtained from viscosity data. Appendix B tabulates some of the data available. 15Tb ( 1-46) ( 1-47) where Vb is the molar volume of the substance as liquid at its normal boiling point, in cm3/gmol, and Tb is the normal boiling point temperature.